As part of his working trip, Prime Minister of Republic of Kazakhstan Alikhan Smailov held meeting on issues of integrated socio-economic development of Atyrau region
Opening the meeting, the Head of Government noted that following the results of 7 months of this year, the region has seen an increase in the main economic indicators. In particular, the volume of industrial production increased by 1.2%, while the construction industry grew by 15%.
Akim of the region Serik Shapkenov, First Vice Minister of Energy Murat Zhurebekov, Vice Ministers of Industry and Infrastructure Development Almaz Idyrysov, Vice Ministers of Ecology, Geology and Natural Resources - Talgat Momyshev, Education - Gani Beissembayev, Health - Zhandos Burkitbayev made presentations.
After listening to the speakers, the Prime Minister noted that within the framework of the national project "Strong Regions - the Driver of the Country's Development", 41 projects are being implemented in 29 rural settlements of the Atyrau region to modernize engineering infrastructure and roads for a total amount of over 11 billion tenge.
“Akimat of the region needs to ensure the effective and rational use of funds allocated for the development and solution of social issues in the region,” the Prime Minister emphasized.
The Head of Government also noted the importance of continuing work to prevent shortages and unjustified increases in food prices. In this direction, the akimat needs to more actively apply the “turnaround scheme” when working with retail chains and conclude direct contracts for the supply of early vegetables from other regions.
Another key task of the regional akimat, according to the head of the Government, is the diversification of the regional economy. Thus, by 2024, it is planned to launch 260 new investment projects worth 406 billion tenge. Another 114 projects worth 2.7 trillion tenge are under development.
“Thanks to their implementation, additional jobs will appear. In this regard, it is necessary to ensure the timely launch of all planned projects and the high-quality study of new ones,” the Prime Minister said.
Following the meeting, the head of the Government gave a number of other instructions:
- speed up the preparation of technical documentation for the implementation of the water supply project for Atyrau and Mangystau regions from the Kokzhide underground fresh water deposit;
- accelerate the adjustment of the project for the reconstruction of sewerage networks on the right bank of Atyrau;
- speed up work on the reconstruction of the road "Atyrau - the border of the Russian Federation";
- work out the issue of providing road works in the region with the necessary amount of bitumen and other materials;
- intensify work on the coverage of children with preschool education, reduce three-shift education and introduce new student places;
- to consider the issue of creating a new oncology dispensary in Atyrau and work out the issue of overhaul and re-equipment of the Atyrau Regional Perinatal Center;
- take measures to provide employment for workers released from TCO's production facilities.
“In yesterday's Nation Address, the Head of State outlined specific steps that will give a significant impetus to the socio-economic development of both the regions and the country as a whole. We must make every effort to fulfill the tasks set, as well as promptly respond to problematic issues raised by society,” Alikhan Smailov concluded.
Source: Akimat of Atyrau region